What Is Rentalcars.com
Rentalcars.com is the world’s biggest online car rental service. Being a part of Booking.com, the platform partners with over 900 car rental companies in 60,000 locations across 160 countries, and is available in 43 languages.
With Rentalcars.com, your clients will always be able to find the right car in the right place and at the right price. Arranging over eight million car rental bookings every year, the company gives everyone the power to compare not only prices but also the service quality, with more than 3.5 million customer reviews on the website. Rentalcars.com has a 24/7 customer support service with 1,200 consultants.
You can learn more about Rentalcars.com on the official website.
Rentalcars.com Affiliate Program
Become a publisher of Rentalcars.com and receive a 6% commission from each completed car rental booking (excluding additional services and extras).
The commission is confirmed after customers return their cars back to the car rental company. The cookie lifetime is 30 days.
Just like Booking.com, Rentalcars.com runs hundreds of A/B experiments on its website every day to ensure the highest conversion rates on the market.
How to Make Money With Rentalcars.com
Some months, the service is booked more often than the others. Explore the seasonality and promote the service accordingly:
Facts About the Service
- Average booking window is 50 days
- Average duration of the rental is eight days
- Average car price is 230 EUR
- Average cancellation rate is 16%
Top 10 Destination Countries
Great summer destinations are the most popular, especially islands. Sicily, Balearics, Canary Islands, Cyprus and the Greek Islands are among the most popular locations for car rental. The USA is also traditionally strong.
Top 20 Destinations
Car rental is the most popular among millennials and families with children, as well as business travelers.
If you know that your website visitors look for information related to travel (flights, accommodation, attractions, visa etc.), car rental is absolutely the product to add to the mix! Any loyalty/cashback-oriented audience also engages with the product very well.
- Rentalcars.com is a well-known brand so it is good to display the logo visibly as this increases the customer’s confidence.
- Also, you can include partner brand logos (Sixt, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Dollar etc.) as this shows how wide the selection is on offer.
- Include a sales message: “Book now and save!” etc.
- Use the company USP (Unique Selling Proposition): Biggest car rental company in the world, 60k locations, 160 countries, 24/7 customer service, best-price guarantee.
- Emerging layer banner (pops up after three-five seconds of user inactivity)
- Leave behind the unit (website opens in a new tab after a user clicks on a different product)
- Sticky banner (appears when a user scrolls down)
- If you know your user’s travel itinerary from other services that they can request on your website, please reach out for more tailored integrations (cross-sell widgets, deep links into search results, etc.)
How to Earn on Car Rentals With Rentalcars.com
Rentalcars.com is the world’s leading online booking platform for car rental services. It allows clients to book a car in the most popular tourist destinations around the globe. If you have a travel blog, place the affiliate tools and start earning on car rentals. Join the Rentalcars.com affiliate program with Travelpayouts.