What’s an eSIM
An eSIM is a digital SIM card. It’s a special microchip that’s embedded in cell phones, tablets, and computers.
To put it simply, an eSIM serves the same function as a physical SIM card, but it works 100% digitally. Devices that support this type of technology already have the necessary chip hardwired into their motherboard, so there’s no need to handle a physical SIM card. As such, you cannot lose, break, or ruin an eSIM.
If your device is carrier-unlocked and eSIM-compatible, you can download an eSIM data plan, install it on your device, and instantly connect to a mobile network. Once the eSIM is set up, its profile will show up on your phone, and you can start using it like a regular SIM card. If you lose your phone, you can block the eSIM remotely and reload the profile on a new device.
With an eSIM, you can buy a mobile plan without having to contact your carrier, find an eSIM vendor, or swap out your physical SIM card. This makes it easy for travelers to switch plans on the go and stay connected abroad, which is why eSIMs are becoming increasingly popular in the travel industry.
What Is Airalo
Airalo is the world’s first eSIM marketplace, with eSIM packages for 200+ countries and regions worldwide. The brand has already surpassed 1 million users who use eSIMs to stay connected when they travel.
As mentioned above, eSIMs allow travelers to stay online during their trips—and for a fair price. Tourists no longer need to seek out local SIM card vendors and pay for a new card in every new country (or pay outrageous roaming fees).
On the Airalo site, users can choose between local, regional, and global eSIM plans. Getting online is quick and easy — they can purchase an eSIM plan, install it on their device, and connect to a supported network within minutes.
What Airalo Gives Travelers
- Instant connection. Tourists no longer need to search for local SIM card vendors upon arriving at their destination. They can set up and activate an eSIM from anywhere within minutes.
- Savings on roaming. Roaming is expensive, and eSIMs are designed to allow travelers to stay online without it. Users can choose an eSIM plan based on price, amount of data, or length of service.
- International coverage. Airalo offers eSIMs from over 200 countries and regions. This includes regional eSIMs that cover entire continents rather than just a specific country.
- Round-the-clock support. The Airalo team works 24/7/365 and helps users via chat, email, or social media.
The Airalo Partner Program
The Airalo partner program is perfect for many branches of the travel industry, including:
- Travel agencies
- Cashback services
- Promo code and coupon services
- Content creators
- Social media
- Video platforms
The brand will count sales made via the app and site (desktop and mobile versions). And participants will have access to partner links.
Every sale made via your partner link will show up with the status “PAID” on your Travelpayouts account on the 8th day of the following month. For example, if a user purchases an eSIM on April 1, that sale will show up on your account on May 8.
You can find the full terms of the program here.
What Airalo Gives to Partners
- Universal product that’s easy to sell. eSIMs are perfect for any traveler who wants to stay online but doesn’t want to pay for roaming (which is most travelers). So you can easily promote eSIMs alongside other travel services such as hotel bookings and car rentals.
- Coverage for over 200 countries and regions. Travelers can choose between local, regional, and global eSIM packages.
The Airalo Buyer
eSIM users are generally people who are tech savvy and who travel a lot, but this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t offer eSIMs to everyone else. Anyone who’s planning a trip abroad could potentially need an eSIM. According to Airalo, the sales cycle correlates directly with the seasonality of travel.
Tips for Earning With Airalo
- Most of the traffic that Airalo gets is through organic promotion, so be sure to talk about your personal experience using eSIMs or about their benefits throughout your content.
- Tell your audience about eSIM deals. This is the best motivator for buying the product, according to Airalo.
- Focus on how the eSIM is a universal product that can be used by anybody who wants to save money on travel.
- Offer Airalo eSIMs alongside other travel services. For example, in a post about cheap airline tickets to a particular country, offer your readers eSIMs from that same country.
Join the Airalo partner program today to earn on eSIMs.