How Do Outdoor Affiliate Programs Work?
Outdoor affiliate programs work like any other affiliate marketing campaign:
- You recommend a product or service from a third-party provider.
- Your audience clicks through text links placed within your content to the product or service.
- The audience member makes a purchase.
- As a result, you’re rewarded with a commission for the entire purchase.
The products typically offered through outdoor affiliate programs are gear like backpacks, tents, sports equipment, hiking boots, and clothing. Meanwhile, other programs offer services like group trips, accommodation options, and RV rentals.
Overall, by partnering with the best outdoor affiliate programs, you can monetize any outdoor-related content on your website, blog, video channel, or social media pages.
Although not exclusively an outdoor affiliate program, Travelpayouts is a digital partnership platform offering travel affiliate programs with services like accommodation, flights, rental cars, experiences, transportation tickets and more.
For outdoor content creators, these services might be the perfect complement to the outdoor-related content you provide your audience. Within the platform, you can partner with top travel brands like Booking.com, Discover Cars, and Viator to offer travel-related solutions to outdoor enthusiasts.
The PaulCamper Affiliate Program
Within the Travelpayouts digital partnership platform is some great outdoor-centric programs like PaulCamper. The European-based company is the largest camper-sharing marketplace on the continent, with over 10,000 camping vehicles throughout popular countries like Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
Advantages of the PaulCamper Affiliate Program
- 20% of the advertiser’s revenue per booking.
- 30-day cookie lifetime and an average sale of €850.
- Wide selection of campers in Europe.
Mapo Tapo Affiliate Program
Mapo Tapo is another excellent outdoor affiliate program available through the Travelpayouts digital partnership platform. The program markets explicitly to outdoor enthusiasts seeking extreme group adventures throughout Europe and the United States.
Advantages of the Mapo Tapo Affiliate Program
- High average price per reservation of $600.
- 8% commission rates on all reservations.
- Extended cookie lifetime of 90 days.
- Unique offerings, including rock climbing and skiing trips.
Patagonia Affiliate Program
Few brands are more well-known in the outdoor industry than Patagonia. Since its inception as a small company offering climbing gear, the brand has grown into one of the premier giants of the outdoor clothing market. It’s an excellent opportunity for outdoor content creators to partner with one of the top industry brands.
Advantages of the Patagonia Affiliate Program
- Partner with one of the most well-known brands in the outdoor industry.
- 8% commission on all purchases made on the Patagonia website.
- 60-day cookie lifetime leads to higher conversion rates.
North Face Affiliate Program
Similar to Patagonia, outdoor content creators can partner with another leading brand within the outdoor clothing market with North Face. The program offers up to a 6% commission through Commission Factory with a lengthy 30-day lifetime.
Advantages of the North Face Affiliate Program
- Partner with a premier and reputable brand.
- High average sales and up to a 6% commission.
- Lengthy cookie lifetime of 30 days.
Outdoorsy Affiliate Program
Outdoorsy is the world’s largest person-to-person RV rental platform, with adventure vehicles of all shapes and sizes available. The marketplace is well known in many renowned destinations to help outdoor enthusiasts explore the hidden natural gems spread throughout the countries.
Their affiliate program offers content creators pay-per-action payments on three separate affiliate platforms, offering you options to keep your affiliate programs in one convenient location of your choice.
Advantages of the Outdoorsy Affiliate Program
- Largest and one of the world’s most trusted RV rental marketplaces.
- A generous commission rate of $60.00 or more per booking
- Currently operates on three different affiliate platforms, including CJ and AvantLink.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear Affiliate Program
Since 2009, Hyperlite has offered high-quality, ultralight outdoor gear, including backpacks, tents, sleeping bags, and much more. In its brief history, the gear company has quickly emerged as one of the premier brands in the industry.
Advantages of the Hyperlite Mountain Gear Affiliate Program
- High quality and unique product line for your audience.
- 10% commission rates and high average sales of $350.
- The company ships worldwide, providing products to your entire audience.
Camping World Affiliate Program
Camping World is an American corporation specializing in RV equipment, camping gear, camper rentals, and much more. The large company is an excellent partnership for any outdoor creators focusing on recreational vehicles and camping.
Advantages of the Camping World Affiliate Program
- The program offers specialty products to a niche market.
- A wide selection of RV rentals is also available to your audience.
REI Affiliate Program
Outdoor lovers throughout the United States are typically familiar with REI in some capacity. The outdoor mega store is one of the biggest names in the retail space offering products for camping, hiking, kayaking, and other mountain-related adventures. Thankfully, for content creators, REI also offers products on its massive online marketplace.
Partnerships are available on AvantLink and begin at a 5% commission rate. Although commissions are slightly lower than other outdoor affiliate partnerships, your audience’s confidence in purchasing through such a large, reputable company should increase profits.
Advantages of the REI Affiliate Program
- Partner with one of the largest outdoor retailers in the world.
- 5% commission rate yields significant profit with high average sales.
Osprey Affiliate Program
Osprey is an outdoor gear company with a hyperfocus on high-performance and lightweight bags, including backpacks, dry bags, stuff sacks, and other handy accessories. They may possibly be the premier brand in outdoor gear bags.
Advantages of the Osprey Affiliate Program
- Partner with a premier outdoor company offering high-end gear bags.
- 8% commission rates on high-end gear.
- 30-day cookie lifetime on large partnership platform, AvantLink
Marmot Affiliate Program
For another respected outdoor gear company, consider joining the Marmot Affiliate Program. The California-based company specializes in mountain gear for skiing, hiking, and climbing. Partner with Marmot via CJ.com and begin earning an 8% commission rate.
Advantages of the Marmot Affiliate Program
- 8% commission rate on valid purchases
- Market high-end mountain gear to a niche audience.
Backcountry Affiliate Program
Backcountry is one of the largest outdoor online retailers in the world. The popular website is a favorite among content creators, with a commission rate of up to 12% with a 30-day cookie lifetime. By partnering with Backcountry.com, you’ll instill confidence in your audience when making large purchases of all sorts of outdoor gear.
Advantages of the Backcountry Affiliate Program
- Partner with one of the largest online retailers in the outdoor industry.
- Up to 12% commissions are amongst the highest for affiliate partners.
Gear Coop Affiliate Program
Gear Coop is an outdoor gear and supply company based in Southern California. Much of their gear selection features top brands in climbing, camping, backpacking, and fishing. In fact, this might the only outdoor affiliate program with an extensive supply of fishing gear on our list.
Advantages of the Gear Coop Affiliate Program
- Partner with a top online retailer in fishing, camping, hiking, and more.
- Lengthy 120-day cookie lifetime with a 7-9% commission rate.
Outdoor Voices Affiliate Program
Outdoor Voices was founded in 2013 but quickly stormed into the outdoor scene with its top-quality apparel. Although commission rates are a low 2%, the high-end and top-quality products yield a high average sale price resulting in worthwhile earnings for your brand.
Advantages of the Outdoor Voices Affiliate Program
- Partner with a high-end retailer with top-quality products.
- Purchasers receive free shipping on orders of $75, leading to high conversions.
Outdoor Gear Exchange Affiliate Program
Outdoor Gear Exchange has been in the business for over 25 years in Burlington, Vermont. For years, their experience in the outdoor world, along with smart buying, has given them an upper hand to offer top outdoor products at an affordable price.
Advantages of the Outdoor Gear Exchange Affiliate Program
- Present links to affordable apparel to a budget-friendly audience.
- 6% commission on average sales of $130.
EVO Affiliate Program
EVO is one of the few outdoor affiliate programs offering exclusively action sports equipment of all sorts. It’s a marketplace where snowboarders, surfers, and campers can all find something they need for their next adventure.
Advantages of the EVO Affiliate Program
- 5% commission rates and a 30-day cookie lifetime.
- Niche markets covering all seasons throughout the year.
Conclusion: Best Outdoor Affiliate Programs
The best outdoor affiliate programs offer products of all sorts. Whether it’s group trips, camping gear, backpacks, RV rentals, boots, and shoes, most content creators will find a program worth partnering with within the outdoor realm.
When you sign up with partnership platforms like Travelpayouts, you can keep all of your outdoor affiliate partnerships in one place – not to mention the many other outdoor-related programs like Booking.com, Discover Cars, and Viator.