Free WordPress SEO Plugins
Today, there are many free WordPress plugins. They might be a good solution if you are looking for basic functions to maintain your blog’s health.
Rank Math is a top-notch free SEO plugin that offers all the necessary functions you might need. Rank Math has a perfect interface and setup wizard, and it is the best at picking the best SEO configuration for your website. Let’s peep inside and see what it has to offer.
The core functions presented in the Rank Math suite are:
- Google crawl errors (fixing 404 errors).
- Automated image SEO (adding attributes to the pictures).
- XML sitemaps (indexing content).
- Rich Snippets (preparing metadata for search engines).
- SEO analysis tool with 40 characteristics.
- Local SEO optimization.
- Yoast options importer.
- Twitter Meta cards.
- Keywords analysis.
- Social network previews.
- 24/7 support.
To read the full list of the Rank Math functions, click here.
Let’s look into its distinguishing features:
- It has AI built-in so it automatically optimizes your pages.
- Customer support consists of product developers.
- This plugin is minimalistic with no useless features so it works faster and fixes all the errors.
- It automatically creates titles and descriptions according to Google’s requirements.
- With the Open Graphs and Twitter Cards, you will draw attention to your posts on social networks.
- The SEO framework optimizes metadata.
- It can be used for work by color-blind people.
- The plugin is designed to be used with WordPress and, as it follows, with bbPress and WooCommerce.
- It’s extensible. All the interested developers are welcomed.
- The SEO framework does not share your personal information with third parties.
Also, the plugin helps to adjust more than a hundred of website settings such as:
- Automated title and description output
- Schema.org structured data output
- Robots meta output
- Social integration with Facebook and others
- Sitemap integration with personalization
- Feed anti-scraper, and more
Broken Link Checker is another free SEO plugin for WordPress. It may come in handy as it does quite an important – yet dreary – job for you. It removes broken links. Google sees such links as something undesirable for the user experience. Without such a function you would spend hours on your site trying to find and fix all those links. Broken Link Checker finds broken pages within minutes and then it’s up to you whether you want to correct this page or delete it. If you keep this checker active, it will constantly crawl through your site. Missing images and redirection links are also detected. Moreover, it can even prevent search engines from following those broken links until you fix them.
WordPress SEO Plugins With a Free and Paid Subscription
This part is devoted to the plugins presenting both free and premium options. It is highly convenient as you can start work with the free plan and buy the advanced services if the platform meets your expectations.
Yoast SEO is perhaps the most famous WordPress SEO plugin. Once you’ve typed in a keyword or phrase, Yoast SEO will check your text and show whether you’ve got enough of such words and whether they sit in the right places in your text. Another thing Yoast SEO does is optimize the quality of your content by proposing well-ranked synonyms to the words being used.
Yoast SEO presents its new feature called a schema.org code. It helps Google and other platforms understand what your page is all about. For instance, you can control how a search engine perceives your page. Thus, by gathering all the information together in pieces, it’s becoming possible to enhance the chances of your blog being visited.
Moreover, there are training courses available for purchase to help you gain knowledge on how to deal with Yoast SEO better.
The free version includes:
- Keyword optimization. Only one keyword or phrase is allowed to be used as a ranking attribute.
- Preview your page on Google.
- Readability control.
- Page taxonomy.
- No duplicate content.
- Work in any WordPress editor.
- Technical background support.
- Google’s algorithm update.
- Schema.org code.
A premium version includes all these features PLUS:
- Preview of your page on social media and Google.
- Keyword optimization. You will be able to set up more keywords. It will help you cover your target audience’s interests in a broader way.
- Internal linking suggestions. This function “explains” the website structure to search engines.
- Content insights. This function detects the most popular word combinations in your texts, thus, helping you understand if you’re writing your posts in a suitable manner.
- Redirect manager. This manager can be set up in such a way that users will never come across a Not Found Page error.
- Focus Keyword export. This function presents a summary of all the keywords you’ve used on different pages. It will ease the pain of doing it manually.
- A year of 24/7 support. Ask the support team any question concerning a Yoast SEO plugin and you will get an answer straight away.
- Ad-free option. That’s simple. You won’t see any ads in your WordPress plugin.
|Yoast SEO free
|Yoast SEO premium
|Optimization for just one keyword
|Many keywords optimization, synonyms, and other word forms
|Preview of your page in Google and social nets
|Preview in Google only
|Preview in Google, Facebook, and Twitter
|No duplicate content
|Work in any WordPress editor
|Technical background support
|Google’s algorithm update
|A schema.org code
|Internal linking suggestions
|Focus Keyword export
|A year of 24/7 support
This original WordPress SEO plugin has free and premium subscriptions. Here are the features that you can access with no pay:
- XML Sitemap.
- Image XML Sitemap.
- Google Analytics.
- Advanced Canonical URLs.
- Notifications to search engines about the latest updates on your blog.
- SEO Integration with eCommerce.
- Titles optimization.
- Meta tags generator.
- Prevents duplicate content.
- Suitable both for novices and pros.
- Translated into dozens of languages, and more.
A pro version is divided into three packs for the different categories of users – individuals, businesses and agencies.
The premium subscription comprises enhanced WooCommerce support, SEO for categories, tags, videos, and many more tools. On top of that, you’ll get access to technical support and video tutorials. Naturally, there are no ads!
Both versions seem to be fairly good, but the paid account might be more useful in the following cases:
- You want your videos to be shown in the video search engines.
- You need assistance with this tool
- You are interested in video tutorials
- You can’t stand ads
The Squirrly motto is, “You’ll go from never found to always found on the first page of Google.” This plugin helped almost 50,000 people rank approximately 300K words to the first pages of search engines.
Squirrly SEO is more than just a plugin. It’s more like a content management assistant and that’s why:
- Advanced keyword research
- Analysis of social media
- Global coverage, so you can research the area where your audience is
- New blog post ideas
- A personal manager will help you with optimizing your website for search engines and humans
- Weekly audits with detailed reports and suggestions on how to improve your blog
- With a rank checker, you will now know all the stats on your blog performance.
Squirrly SEO offers more than 200 tools for your website promotion. Constant customer support is provided.
Moreover, there is a fine blog that can serve as a free knowledge base of its kind.
Here is a video presentation on why Squirrly SEO can become the best WordPress SEO plugin in 2022.
There are three subscriptions available: free, pro and business.
If you are interested in installing Squirrly SEO on more than seven sites, reach out to the team for the agency prices.
To begin with, SEO Press won’t bore you with any ads, and it does not collect any information from your blog. SEO Press is absolutely Ad-free. Check out a deliberate video presentation on SEO Press.
SEO Press in the best tool to help you:
- Manage titles, meta description, and robots
- Improve search engines crawling by providing XML sitemaps
- Improve social networks sharing by implementing Open Graph tags, Twitter Cards and more
There are free and paid subscriptions.
Paid WordPress SEO Plugins
These plugins are available in the paid version only. They are considered to have a more customer-oriented approach, top-notch service, and support.
SEOPressor perches on five pillars. Here are they:
On top of that, SEOPressor offers the following functions:
- Advanced Keywords Analysis
- SemantiQ Density
- Google Knowledge Graph
- Homepage Settings
- On-Page Robot Rules
- SEO Trends, and more
SEOPress does not have a free version but the paid version is quite affordable – just $9 per month.
This plugin helps you track WordPress rankings on Google, indicating every keyword rank position. Furthermore, it is able to generate valuable keywords lists. Rankie sends you daily emails to notify on ranking reports. Please check the detailed list of the features below:
- Tracks keyword rankings
- Tracks unlimited keywords
- Sends ranking reports
- Supports all languages
- Filters keywords by site, group or term
- Has regular updates
- Provides documentation and support
- And more
Rankie does not have a subscription so you can just purchase it at a stable price of $21.
Keyword Research Tools
As a bonus, we would also like to share some keywords research tools as they also can be of great importance to you.
Google Keyword Planner is available on Google Adwords, so you’ll need to sign up on the platform first. This tool helps you become aware of search volume data, historical statistics, traffic forecast for the selected words, and the expected level of competition. With such a tool, you will be able to detect highly-ranked words and make the best of them.
Keyword Tool is free of charge, and it doesn’t require you to sign up on the website. The keyword suggestions are based on the results of Google Search domain and the language of your choice. See a short video presentation just for your information.
Keyword Tool generates up to 750 keywords for free, while the pro version can build up twice as more. The Keyword Tool is not going to give you generic, useless keywords, because it uses Google Autocomplete function, so it definitely knows what people search for. In contrast to the Google Keyword Planner that is designed for advertisers, the Keyword Tool is aimed at content management.
This tool has a pro version. It provides very accurate search volume, cost-per-click and Google Ads Competition Data for keywords worldwide. On top of that, Keyword Tool Pro is tailored to different search engines:
The average price is $75 for a pack per month, please visit the main page to get to know what each suite offers in details.
Best SEO Plugins for WordPress
In this article, we’ve looked through the most wide-spread WP SEO plugins. Almost all of them deliver free services along with premium ones. They provide you with many similar functionalities, but some of them are still quite unique. Before making up your mind on which one to choose for your blog or site, you should compare all the features and versions offered, decide whether you need an advanced service or you can do well with a free option. We hope you are going to enhance the chances to promote your website and make the best out of it.