What is TourRadar
TourRadar is a booking platform for all sorts of trips that helps organize a great escape in one place.
Travelers can choose among 45,000 multi-day tours from over 2,000 manually picked service providers worldwide. TourRadar provides all kinds of support a tourist might need, from thoughtfully crafted itineraries to how-to guides and 24/7 professional advice from travel experts.
The company monitors customer reviews on a regular basis to be able to provide the best offers available on the market.
Benefits for your clients
- More than one million departures.
- Over 45k multi-day tours to more than 200 destinations worldwide.
- More than 2,000 carefully selected operators.
- More than 100k genuine traveler reviews.
- Best price guarantee.
- Secure payment platform. With Braintree, a subsidiary of PayPal, all the payments are convenient, safe and secure.
- 24/7 support. The team of travel experts working in Vienna, Toronto and Brisbane are able to answer any questions or concerns around the clock.
- Member savings. When customers book a tour or refer a friend to TourRadar, they earn travel credits that can be applied on any future trip they book on the platform.
TourRadar affiliate program
Join the TourRadar affiliate program to make money on tours and activities around the world.
Affiliates receive a 5% commission on sale value, and with an average booking worth $2,000, you can earn $100 as an affiliate.
The cookie lifetime is 90 days, which allows affiliates to be eligible for a commission on sales coming in long after a promotion has been made.
To boost sales, take advantage of promotional tools such as text links, banners and a search widget.
How to make money with TourRadar
Markets and destinations
All the tours listed on the TourRadar website come in a package with an English-speaking guide. There are some exceptional tours in other languages, however, the main products are in English and the non-English speaking customers are not as keen to book an English-speaking tour, and therefore they are not a focus.
Certain products are popular in each market. TourRadar ranks the markets by importance in the following order: the US, AU, UK, CA, NZ, Europe, Asia and others.
Europe is the top destination for customers from the US and Australia. The most-often sold tours are those where travelers can see the highest number of countries on one tour, e.g. see several countries in Europe in 10 days.
Here are some statistics on favorite destinations and their seasonality for the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Know your audience
Average number of countries on a single tour
Average tour duration
The best way to promote TourRadar depends on the website content and the audience. Here are some tactics from the best-performing affiliates:
- On the “Why Touring” page there are plenty of arguments for your audience that would help to sell the TourRadar services better.
- To understand the product better, subscribe to the TourRadar weekly newsletter.
- Add affiliate links to your travel blog posts, as the content has already gained the audience’s trust and increase the chance to make a sale.
- Keep an eye on TourRadar frequent promotions and let your audience know about upcoming sales will help you earn more.
- Write a product review, if you had a chance to experience our product yourself.
- Focus on channels where you have the most influence and engagement (be it email, Instagram or website itself) for promotion.
- Include affiliate links in your curated lists: readers love those (for example, “the best websites to book tours,” “the top 10 countries to visit next year,” “travel resources you need to know about,” etc.)
- Use deep linking to promote specifically handpicked tours.
And most importantly, don’t despair if you don’t see sales coming in right away! The multi-day tour is a product that sometimes requires planning time on the customer’s end (e.g. to arrange vacation days, potentially apply for a visa, etc.). This is why by offering the 90-day tracking window, TourRadar makes sure that you get the most out of your promotional efforts.
Join the TourRadar affiliate program with Travelpayouts and start earning on multi-days tours all around the world.