Why You Should Track Rankings
Keyword ranking tools show your blog’s position on search engines for specific keywords. If you know how high you rank, it will be easier to develop your blog promotion strategy. In addition, such tools allow you to evaluate whether your blog performance and discoverability have improved over time and which aspects of SEO require more attention.
Moreover, you can spy on your competitor’s keywords and add them to your own posts. With that said, remember to consider other metrics as well, such as conversion and click-through rate, to see the full picture, develop the best SEO strategy, and monetize your website more efficiently.
If you are only seeking to grow your skills in search engine optimization, make sure to follow these SEO experts on social media to learn the trends and best practices within your niche.
You can monetize your organic traffic with travel affiliate programs and earn by promoting travel brands to your audience. Just choose relevant offers and place links on your blog pages to earn commissions on all sales made through your links. Travelpayouts is the world’s largest travel affiliate network and accumulates offers in various verticals, such as flights, hotels, tours and activities, insurance, cruises, SIM cards, etc.
Join the Travelpayouts Partnership Platform
Access exclusive tools and the best travel affiliate programs, including flights, hotels, car rental, insurance, tours and activities, all in one place.Join Today
Best Tools To Track Ranking
Below are some of the best SEO rank checker tools that provide various features to help you improve blog performance from all angles. Make sure to work on both on-page SEO and off-page SEO for better results.
Ahrefs is one of the biggest and the most full-featured SEO rank tracker services providing you with keyword research, SEO audit, competitive domain comparison and more. With Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer, you can:
- Always have fresh keyword ideas, as the program features more than seven billion keywords.
- Find keywords on 10 different search engines, including: Google, YouTube, Amazon, Bing, Baidu, and others.
- Identify keyword difficulty and the estimated number of clicks for your keywords.
- Discover the Parent Topic and determine if you can still rank for your target keyword and present a more general topic on your page at the same time.
- Get advanced SEO data, such as the return rate, clicks per search, percentage of clicks, percentage of paid clicks, etc.
- Categorize your keywords into lists to stay organized.
- Analyze the ranking history and other metrics for keywords (clicks per search, etc.)
- Explore SEO data and keywords for over 170 countries.
- Get keyword suggestions in six different ways: phrase match, having same terms, also rank for, search suggestions, newly discovered, and questions.
Ahrefs features tutorials and a blog with many useful materials to help users learn about SEO and keyword rank tracking. It is a fully commercial platform. You can start with a seven-day trial for $7 or choose from one of the available paid plans:
- Lite for €74 per month when paid annually or €89 per month when paid monthly
- Standard for €149 per month when paid annually or €179 per month when paid monthly
- Advanced for €291 per month when paid annually or €349 per month when paid monthly
- Enterprise for €733 per month when paid annually or €879 per month when paid monthly
SEMrush has a number of tools with great functionality to improve your SEO, keyword research, advertising campaign, content performance, social media and marketing strategies to rank higher in the SERP. With this SEO rank tracking tool, users can:
- Discover your main competitors and analyze their keywords (search volume, competition, traffic).
- Analyze your keyword positions on search engines, filter your data with 16 SERP features, and always know which keywords trigger which SERP features.
- Discover new companies and analyze the competitive landscape.
- Receive insights for your content SEO. You can monitor your domain, subdomain, subfolder, or URL rankings daily.
- Get a comprehensive picture by checking your global and local rankings as well as analyzing mobile and desktop traffic. You can also indicate your local business name to receive more accurate local rankings.
- Categorize your keywords and filter the reports to stay organized.
- Get notifications for all critical ranking changes and act in a timely manner.
You can try SEMrush tools with a free trial or by purchasing a subscription:
- Pro Plan is for aspiring marketers and small, in-house teams ($119.95 per month when paid monthly or $99.95 per month when paid annually)
- Guru Plan is for SMEs, growing agencies, and marketing consultants ($229.95 per month when paid monthly or $191.62 per month when paid annually)
- Business Plan is for enterprises ($449.95 per month when paid monthly or $374.95 per month when paid annually)
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free rank checker software powered by Google that you can use in order to control the SEO performance of your blog and its discoverability on Google. Needless to say, this program knows exactly what Google wants, so it might be very efficient for your keyword research and website promotion. Here is what you can do with this software:
- Control your indexing and apply for re-indexing when updating your content.
- Analyze traffic data and turn your website traffic into money.
- Discover backlinks.
- Get tips on website optimization.
It is a great program for business owners, site administrators, SEO marketers, webmasters and basically anyone who has a website and wants to improve it.
If you like the Google Search Console, you should also explore other free Google tools for webmasters.
Take note of the best practices by exploring your Google analytics. For example, this tool will help you find your best articles. Find out how to use it (and why) in our webinar with Laura Peters, entitled “SEO Tutorial for Travel Bloggers: Get More Traffic From Old Blog Posts”. Check out its record or read a written recap.
Moz is one of the best keyword rank-tracking tools that generate tons of metrics. It is an all-in-one SEO solution for keyword and link research, on-page optimization and more. Moz allows you to check both your website SEO performance and keep an eye on your competitors to reveal their soft spots and rank higher on the SERP. Here is what you can do with Moz:
- Check your keyword ranking over a certain time interval and across 200 countries.
- Compare and optimize desktop and mobile versions of your website.
- Develop a strategy to take a featured snippet and eat up most of the traffic.
The platform features four types of subscriptions. There is a 30-day free trial for the Medium plan which gives access to 10 campaigns, 10 user seats, 900 keyword rankings and more. Premium plans start from $99 per month.
Serpstat could become one of the best tracker tools since it is designed not only for SEO, keyword research, and rank checking but also for PPC and content marketing. You can check a domain, keyword, or link and filter the results by country or search engine. Serpstat offers position tracking, backlink analysis, keyword research, site audit, and competitor research. Here are some of its most remarkable SEO features:
- Find which keywords you miss that your competitors don’t.
- SERP historical data.
- Traffic share option for the tracked keywords.
- Market share fluctuations.
The platform allows 30 queries per day for free. You can also purchase a paid plan from $45 per month.
SE Ranking Checker
When looking for the best SEO software, think of SE Ranking. It’s a cloud-based program for social media management, search engine optimization, advertising campaigns and more. With its Keyword Rank Checker, you will:
- Monitor major search engines such as Google, YouTube, Bing, Yahoo and more.
- Search by country, city or postcode.
- Analyze both desktop and mobile search results.
- Check your Google Ads position.
- Monitor the ranking of up to five of your competitors and compare them to your website performance.
SE Ranking offers three billing options, starting from $39. If you are not sure which plan would best suit your needs, use the online calculator.
SEO PowerSuite is a versatile solution to improve your website’s SEO performance from different angles and rank higher on search results. Its Rank Tracker offers to:
- Check your blog ranking changes over time.
- Collect data from over 320 search engines.
- Explore how profitable each of your keywords is in terms of SEO.
- Get insights for up to ten competitor websites.
- Get notified if a wrong page is ranked for your keyword.
- Make sure you don’t miss any relevant keyword.
- Crawl the web without being interrupted by search engines.
You can download the basic version for free. It includes all SEO activities, but doesn’t permit sharing projects, storing them online, scheduling activities or exporting information. Other than that, there are two paid plans for $149 and $349 per month.
Keyword Hero is an online SEO software for boosting your website’s organic traffic and can become the best solution for both e-commerce and web publishers. It can be integrated with your Google Analytics account so that you can analyze the data in a familiar interface. To start off, you’ll need to set the code on your website. Keyword Hero allows users to:
- See the search queries that bring users to your website.
- Check keywords of your landing pages and see what traffic volume they bring.
- Optimize your content and ranking on SERPs.
- Get insights into your brand and non-brand search traffic.
- Distinguish informational and transactional queries.
Keyword Hero offers a free plan (check up to 2,000 sessions) and is currently offering a 90-day free trial for paid plans:
- Big Hero Plan for $9 per month
- Giant Hero for $49 per month
- Ultimate Hero for $149 per month
KWFinder is a part of Mangool’s package of SEO tools. It will give you access to over 1.6 billion relevant keywords, including 100 million competitor keywords, and over 50,000 locations worldwide. Here are the most valuable SEO features that the software offers:
- Discover more keywords with high search volume.
- Check what keywords your rivals rank for.
- Learn about historical search volumes.
- Increase your traffic with the hottest trends, topics and seasonal keywords.
- Consider various locations in your research.
The software has three plans, and you can pay on a monthly or annual basis. Also, there is a 10-day free trial allowing you to make five checks per day and three paid subscriptions from $29.90 per month.
Ubersuggest is a simple free SEO software by an SEO marketer Neil Patel. It is aimed at checking your competitors’ rankings and metrics such as:
- Organic keywords volume.
- Organic monthly traffic.
- Domain score.
- The number of backlinks.
- Main SEO pages.
Ubersuggest can be one of the best SEO tools for beginners who don’t need advanced features and want to get just a few insights into their competitors’ businesses.
SERPWatcher is a simple and intuitive keyword rank checker for both aspiring and experienced webmasters. After completing a quick registration process that will only take around 30 seconds, you can start keyword position tracking. Just enter your domain name, location, and keywords, then select desktop or mobile device. Here are some of SERPWatcher’s functions:
- SERPWatcher provides webmasters with daily rankings for their target keywords. As rankings change constantly, SERPWatcher’s daily updates may come in handy to remain on top.
- SERPWatcher checks your website ranking for both desktop and mobile devices, as mobile traffic shares are constantly increasing for many brands.
- SERPWatcher allows you to keep an eye on several metrics, such as the Performance Index, Keyword Position Flow, Biggest Changes, Estimated Visits Per Month, and Keyword Ranking Distribution Chart.
- Pay attention to the Performance Index, which is based on the current keyword positions and their search volumes. The Performance Index can help you assess your website’s organic traffic potential.
- One more amazing feature of SERPWatcher is keyword tags, with which you can categorize every keyword you track to keep them organized. You’ll have full control over your tags: create, add, remove, rename, and delete them at any moment. Furthermore, they’re colorful!
- Finally, take advantage of SERPWatcher’s interactive shared report that includes all metrics and selected timeframes. Share it with your colleagues or clients, who will be able to track the entire process. When keyword positions change, the tool will send you email alerts.
On the screen below, you can see an example of the SERPWatcher dashboard, which provides all essential data on one screen in just two columns. In the left column, you can see keyword positions in the SERP. The right column presents the Performance Index, Estimated Visits, and other metrics.
You can start with a 10-day free trial (no credit card required) before choosing to update to one of the following three plans with a 48-hour money-back guarantee:
- Mangools Basic for €29.90 per month when paid annually or €49.00 per month when paid monthly.
- Mangools Premium for €39.90 per month when paid annually or €69.00 per month when paid monthly.
- Mangools Agency for €79.90 per month when paid annually or €129.00 per month when paid monthly.
Wincher is a simple, yet powerful software that allows you to track and improve your website’s SEO performance and grow organic traffic. Wincher combines basic and advanced tracking features to scale your business. Here are some of Wincher’s functions:
- Wincher provides incredible keyword analysis. You check search volume, estimated traffic volume, and cost-per-click data, as well as identify keywords that you are already ranking for or have every chance to rank for.
- You can also check ranking history for the previous six months for any keywords.
- If you’re using Google Search Console, simply import your keywords into Wincher.
- Wincher also includes automatic keyword suggestions, keyword research from a seed word, and keyword grouping function to set priorities.
- Wincher can track rankings from over 130 search engines in more than 100,000 locations across 180 countries and even more languages.
- You can also keep track of your competitors’ performance by seeing an overview of their ranking positions as well as receiving daily updates and notifications of changes to their positions.
- Wincher also features both automatic and manual reporting, which is easy to customize. You can pick the frequency, ranking data period, and keywords to have daily reports sent directly to your mailbox.
- Advanced users can take advantage of complete API access and build integrations with any external platform.
A 14-day free trial and a limited version of Wincher through our WordPress plugin, with no card details required.
Wincher features three paid plans:
- Starter Plan for €24 per month (annually) or €29 per month (monthly)
- Business Plan for €49 per month (annually) or €59 per month (monthly)
- Enterprise Plan for €199 per month (annually) or €249 per month (monthly)
Each plan allows for an unlimited number of users per account.
Advanced Web Ranking
Advanced Web Ranking claims to be the world’s longest-standing rank tracker with over 19 years of experience in the niche. This platform accumulates data from over 4,000 search engines in more than 170 countries for both desktop and mobile devices. Here are its main features:
- Obtain fresh keyword rankings for any device, language, and search engine under one hour. Receive insights daily, weekly, or on demand.
- Select any location (be it a country, state, or city) or input GPS coordinates to receive local rank tracking and search the volume for each of your keywords.
- Discover Above and Below the Fold search listings. You can visualize and segment keywords.
- With the Visibility Distribution feature, you can measure search visibility in pixels.
- Get your website ranked in the SERP features by checking the visibility of your website as well as that of your competitors’ websites, improving your CLT to drive more clicks, and identifying new keywords.
- Improve landing page rankings by tracking performance over time and preventing keyword cannibalization.
- You can create, customize, and share White Label SEO reports (PDF, CSV, or JSON) through links and use accounts. Assess your performance with various metrics: Visibility, Click Share, Market Share, Estimated Visits, and Average Rank. You can also integrate data from Google tools into your reports.
- Discover keywords that your competitors rank for and create an efficient marketing strategy to outrank them. Track rankings of up to 50 competitors over time and compare their visibility over the targeted keyword set.
- Advanced users can take advantage of API and create integrations.
Take advantage of a 30-day free trial to explore the platform’s functionality. Then you can choose to upgrade to:
- Starter Plan for startups ($49 per month)
- Pro Plan for in-house teams ($99 per month)
- Agency Plan for agencies ($199 per month)
- Enterprise Plan ($499 per month)
Authority Labs is a great tool that allows marketers, marketing agencies, e-commerce websites, as well as small and big companies to visualize SEO performance. Authority Labs allows for SEO automation as well as local and mobile rank tracking by helping you analyze your current keyword and SERP positions. Simply type in your domain, location, and keywords for daily rank tracking and reporting. Here are some of Authority Labs’ main features:
- Analyze your competitors’ domains to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track your global and local ranking. You can add pages from any country or language to grow your reach as well as specify your location by state, city, postal code, or even GPS coordinates.
- Receive daily updates with White Label reporting to react to any significant changes in a timely manner.
- Take advantage of Authority Labs’ API to boost your data analytics and set up useful integrations.
- What differentiates Authority Labs from most other tools is the platform’s Not Provided Keywords reports. As the most important keywords that usually drive visitors from search engines to your website, the terms listed in these reports can greatly help increase your traffic. With Authority Labs, you can find more keyword opportunities and uncover gaps in your content.
- With the Google Data Studio connector, you can create beautiful SEO reports and share them with your clients. You can also add your logo, brand colors, and labels of your choice.
- Authority Labs allows for unlimited users, so you can provide your colleagues, clients, or anyone else with access to your reports at no extra cost.
Start with a 14-day free trial to assess the tool and try out all the features. There are four premium plans:
- Plus ($49 per month)
- Pro ($99 per month)
- Pro Plus ($225 per month)
- Enterprise ($450 per month)
Sitechecker is a comprehensive SEO platform that offers site audit and monitoring, rank and backlink tracking, as well as an SEO chrome extension. Sitechecker is a great tool for business owners, webmasters, marketers, and SEO agencies. Here are some of Sitechecker’s features:
- Receive daily updates with changes to top keywords and weekly emails with keywords that have the highest growth potential.
- Track your rankings in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex, in any location, on both desktop and mobile.
- Filter your keywords by search volume, landing pages, groups, position, and text to quickly find the most important terms. You can also sort them by the amplitude of rank changes for different time periods.
- Discover when your keywords have a ranked URL that is different from what you planned and fix it.
- Compare rankings for different dates and research changes to keyword positions.
- Analyze snapshots of the first 100 pages in the SERP and compare your rankings to those of your competitors.
- Sort your findings in a table, add comments, and customize the results based on your needs.
- Create branded CSV and PDF reports with your company’s logo and name.
You can choose between four premium plans with a 48-hour money-back guarantee:
- Basic for $23 per month when paid annually or $29 monthly when paid monthly
- Startup for $39 per month when paid annually or $49 monthly when paid monthly
- Growing for $79 per month when paid annually or $99 monthly when paid monthly
- Enterprise for $499 per month with an annual subscription
How to Choose the Best Rank Checker for Your Blog
Tracking your website’s rank and checking keywords is one of the crucial factors for your business success online. It allows you to evaluate the current situation, your blog’s potential, trends and competition in the niche to come up with the right SEO strategy and avoid making mistakes.
SEO tools could assist in such an undertaking and speed up the project growth by a lot. Beginners can start with free programs that offer basic features to get insights into a website performance, while seasoned marketers should explore advanced platforms able to provide deeper insights.
Best Practices for Rank Tracking on Google
When using SEO rank-tracking software, remember a few simple rules:
- Google doesn’t favor rank tracking and can temporarily ban your IP address if it detects too many queries in succession. So, it’s better to log out of your Google account, use incognito mode or search-engine friendly tools to avoid any ban.
- Targeting a single location won’t get you anywhere. Track keywords for various regions to get the whole picture.
- Monitor keyword trends as they can tell you much more than the keywords themselves. Google personalizes search queries for each user according to many factors, but keyword trends reflect the general situation.
- Check the level of competition when you choose keywords to rank. Otherwise, your campaign might not be cost-effective at all.
How to Choose the Best SEO Tracker for Your Blog
Tracking your website’s rank and checking keywords is one of the crucial factors for your business success online. It allows you to evaluate the current situation, your blog’s potential, trends and competition in the niche to come up with the right strategy and avoid making mistakes.
These best SEO tools could assist in such an undertaking and speed up the project growth by a lot. Beginners can start with free programs that offer basic features to get insights into a website performance, while seasoned marketers should explore advanced platforms able to provide deeper insights.