Tiqets is one of the world’s largest online ticketing platforms, offering mobile tickets with instant confirmation and availability. Clients can book a ticket to a wide range of venues around the world from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam to the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
Founded in 2014 by four experienced Dutch entrepreneurs, the platform aims to speed up the entrance process to the world’s best venues and avoid long queues. Tiqets’ innovative idea was to allow people to use their phones to easily book tickets and access museums and attractions worldwide.
Today, Tiqets accounts for over one million app downloads, 3,000 partners all over the world, and more than 12 million tickets sold to over 2,000 venues. The platform offers something for everyone: from skip-the-line options and seasonal products to hosted experiences and ticket add-ons, such as food and parking. This makes Tiqets the world’s most trusted museums and attractions ticketing platform, according to Trustpilot.
Moreover, Tiqets offers access to unique attractions and experiences that cannot be found on other services. For example, clients can visit the Vatican Museums before they open to the public, be the first visitors to the Sistine Chapel in the morning, or go to the exposition of Pinault at the Bourse de Commerce in Paris, which are experiences only available on Tiqets.
Amidst the pandemic, Tiqets is doing its best to help people keep experiencing new cultures across the world with special add-ons, which include audio guides, parking tickets, and dedicated exhibition pages to allow people to find out what’s going on in their area. Clients can also benefit from packages and combination deals, which allow them to book several activities at a better price than if they bought them separately. In addition, users can find inspiration on the Tiqets blog and read more about destinations.
Advantages of Tiqets for Clients
- Instant confirmation and delivery of tickets
- 100% mobile tickets – no need to print them to access the venue
- Skip-the-line tickets allow clients to avoid waiting in line for hours
- Exclusive products and unique packages available only via Tiqets
- 24/7 customer support
- Website and mobile app available in 11 languages
- “Excellent” rating on Trustpilot
- Possible to buy tickets on the same day and even while standing in line
Tiqets Affiliate Program
Tiqets provides affiliates with a very competitive commission structure. By joining the Tiqets affiliate program on Travelpayouts, you can earn 8% of the booking price. Commissions are accrued for every purchase made on the desktop and mobile version of the website.
Affiliates are allowed to use many types of traffic from contextual and native advertising to social and YouTube traffic and more. Brand contextual advertising and certain other traffic sources are forbidden, while email marketing and push traffic require prior approval. If you are the owner of a content project (such as a travel website or a blog on social media), you should have enough quality travel content that is regularly updated.
The reservation is confirmed and marked as “Paid” immediately after payment is made by the traveler.
Advantages of Tiqets for Affiliates
- 8% commission of the booking cost
- $72.66 average order price
- 30-day cookie lifetime
- Exclusive products that can only be found on Tiqets, which promotes high demand products and easily converts to sales.
- Plenty of partner tools, including links, banners, and widgets. Widgets and links have a high conversion to sale when used in combination. With Tiqets, you can use the products, city’s top products, and availability widgets to help your audience quickly find an activity for a suitable price and on an appropriate date. You can learn more about the different widget types in our post.
How to Earn Money With Tiqets: Best Practices
In order to help you earn more with the Tiqets affiliate program, we’ve gathered useful data on Tiqets’ target audience as well as the best practices for promotion within the niche.
- Age: Tiqets’ biggest age group (33%) is customers between 25 and 34 years
- Gender: 60% female, 40% male
- Interests: Things to do, travel, sports, food, technology
- 30% of Tiqets clients book activities on the same day of their excursion
- 15% book the day before
- 30% book within a week
- 15% book between one and two weeks
- 10% book more than two weeks in advance
Travel Trends in 2022-2023
As the world gradually recovers from the pandemic, some countries are returning to pre-pandemic levels of travel faster than others, such as the USA, France, Italy, and Spain. The cities with the most remarkable recoveries are Paris, New York, Las Vegas, Barcelona, Miami, Dubai, and Rome.
To efficiently promote travel offers right now, take advantage of the niche recovery trends, and help your audience have safer trips:
- Rise of domestic tourism: Tiqets’ customers travel domestically, as international trips are mostly on hold. They look for things to do in their own region or nearby within their own country.
- Shift to outdoor attractions: The audience’s attention moved from museums towards theme parks such as Gardaland in Northern Italy or Universal Studios in Orlando, gardens such as Parco Giardino Sigurta in Italy or Kew Gardens in London, as well as zoos and aquariums such as Chester Zoo in Chester, Artis in Amsterdam, and Aquarium of the Pacific in Los Angeles.
- It’s now safe to visit large indoor venues: With most interest currently focused on outdoor experiences, it’s a great time to visit large indoor attractions. They operate with a limited capacity and don’t usually get busy. For example, suggest that your readers take this chance to admire the Mona Lisa in the Louvre or the Last Judgement in the Sistine Chapel.
Top Activities to Promote
Take advantage of the latest trends and promote the most popular cities, activities, and excursions.
How to Promote Tiqets: Best Practices
- Focus on users: Analyze who your audience is and what they are looking for. Try to understand their buying intention. Are they just exploring or are they ready to buy a particular activity? Adjust your content and promotional strategies accordingly.
- Prepare the right content: Based on the extensive experience of Tiqets’ affiliates, it’s best to create a dedicated page for promoting a particular activity, venue, or city on your site. Combining these promotions with a discount code will yield the highest conversion rate. On social networks, you can efficiently promote generic offers and coupon codes.
Successful Examples of Tiqets’ Affiliates
Here are a few examples of Tiqets’ affiliates who successfully use the program’s tools and drive conversions.
- This website focuses on the promotion of tickets to the Vatican museums. The advantage is that clients can check the availability and price of tickets right on the site through the availability widget within the calendar.
- Here the partner promotes the Barcelona pass on a dedicated page on their website.
- On this website, the partner uses direct linking to a co-branded checkout page on Tiqets.com.
How to Earn on Activities Around the World With Tiqets
While the pandemic is still holding back international travel, you can take advantage of your audiences’ increased interest in domestic trips and promote experiences in their own countries. With Tiqets, your readers can instantly book mobile tickets to the world’s most popular attractions and avoid standing in entrance queues. In addition, the company is doing its best to adjust to travelers’ new needs and is increasing the range of available activities so that every client can find exactly what they want.