Trivago is a large metasearch engine that compares accommodation offers from different booking platforms. The service’s database includes key market players, such as Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, etc. In total, the metasearch engine has access to over five million hotels and other facilities in more than 190 countries worldwide. The website and mobile application are available in 54 languages.
The service was created in 2005 in Dusseldorf by three university friends and, over the last 16 years, has grown from a small startup into a high-tech company with shares listed on the NASDAQ stock market.
One of the service’s features is the Trivago Rating Index (tRI), which is Trivago’s own development. A special algorithm of the rating impartially assesses hotels. tRI is updated on a daily basis for each and every hotel in the database and offers the most relevant information.
Trivago constantly monitors the market situation and develops the product in accordance with the latest trends. Recently, the service launched a new section called “Weekend” on its website, where travelers can find ideas for short-term trips. During the pandemic, such trips are just as relevant as they have ever been.
In April of this year, Trivago announced its collaboration with a TUI tour operator to launch a project dedicated to different kinds of entertainment activities from excursions to event tickets. Thus, the service is planning on becoming more than a hotel metasearch engine.
Advantages of Trivago for Travelers
- An opportunity to choose the best accommodation option that offers good quality at an affordable price
- A wide choice: Over five million hotels and other accommodation options in 190 countries
- A large selection of search filters: You can filter options by price per day, facility type and rating, availability of Wi-Fi, free parking, SPA, swimming pool, etc.
- In addition, the website shows a map with all options from the list
- Objective and unbiased hotel ratings are displayed
Trivago Affiliate Program
Partners are allowed to use traffic from their content projects and video platforms (YouTube. TikTok, etc.). Note that the brand forbids many types of traffic, such as contextual advertising, social traffic, as well as traffic from messengers and email newsletters.
Partners can take advantage of affiliate links, banners of different sizes, and widgets for searching and booking hotels. The widget is an exclusive tool created by the Travelpayouts’ team and is only available on the Travelpayouts platform.
- Users strongly appreciate content in which the author shares personal experiences. So, write more about accommodations you have tried yourself. Share details about what you liked at a given location.
- Discuss the advantages and features of Trivago, such as its algorithm for rating hotels.
- Discover content ideas on the Trivago blog.
- Share ideas for short weekend trips, as this type of vacation is currently quite popular.
- Make topic sets and lists. This content always works well. For example: “10 best family hotels in California”, “The top 10 unusual places to visit in Orlando”, or “Best hotels for a romantic weekend in New York”.