Why Advertise on Facebook
This is not a secret that Facebook is the largest social network on the Web, with over 1 billion visits every month.
Naturally, such a wide audience turns Facebook into one of the most popular marketing platforms.
Facebook provides specific tools that easily allow for audience targeting, and you can now knock on the right doors to achieve your goals. Let’s find out the best practices for promoting your blog on facebook.
Writing Viral Content
- The first thing that matters is the quality of the content you are delivering. The posts must be gripping — be it tips or warnings, funny facts or educational extracts. They must cause a different spectrum of emotions.
- Second, remember about the language and manner you are writing in. It must be intelligible and inspirational to all your readers. Don’t pretend to be a different person: people like sincere stories. Also, don’t use too specific terms if you target a general audience to not repel it.
- Third, don’t forget about keywords. Make up an SEO list that will help your articles appear on the first pages of every Google search result.
- Fourth, every social network now requires a lot of visual content. Make sure your facebook post has an intriguing graphic accompaniment, which will drive lots of traffic in the end.
- Fifth, deliver regular materials and constantly update the information. A continuous flow of posts will keep your followers involved, but still, try not to overdo it. Too many posts may be seen as spam.
Choosing Your Ad Objective
Before creating an ad, think about your objectives. Consider what emotions it should provoke in people, and what action they will be asked to make.
One objective might be awareness. This is when you want to ignite interest and public involvement. It’s all about telling readers what is so special about your product or service. Such an ad may be aimed at:
- Brand awareness. Tell more about what you are offering.
- Reaching out. Show your posts to as many people as possible.
Another objective is the consideration. It is capable of grabbing people’s attention so that they want to visit your site to get more information. It consists of:
- Traffic. Drive traffic from Facebook to any page you want.
- Engagement. Look for people that are more likely to get engaged with your posts by giving their likes, comments and more.
- App install. For those who have an app to offer.
- Video views. Videos will be aimed at people who are more likely to get interested.
- Lead generation. Collect data from people interested in your product.
- Messages. A possibility to connect with people directly via messages.
The third type is conversion. This is the exact thing that encourages people to use your service or purchase your product. What you get here is:
- Conversions. Encourage your potential customers to do any action on your site.
- Catalog scales. Show products from your catalog.
- Store traffic. Tell the nearby people about your business location.
Naturally, there are more ad objectives depending on the target audience, the brand and the marketing strategy.
How to Set Up Advertising
After determining your ad objective, it’s time to identify the target audience. Consider the following parameters: location, average age, gender, languages, interests, behaviors, connections and more.
All these settings will help you customize your blog post advertising ideas on Facebook, which, in time, will connect you to people who are the ready-to-convert leads, and not just the random readers.
Secondly, set up your budget. There are two options: daily and lifetime (of an ad). You define the maximum you are able to spend during a day or the whole ad life circle.
The third step is creating an ad. Choose the way your ad will look. You can insert it in the existing post or create an absolutely new one. If you work in the travel niche, learn more about travel ads format on Facebook here.
The final thing is ad placement. Your ad can appear in the Facebook desktop version, mobile version or Instagram.
To create a new campaign or ad through the Facebook Ad Manager, click the green “Create” button, as shown below.
Target Your Competitors’ Audience
What if you could reach out to your competitors’ followers and double or triple your audience? Rival firms might have already found their fertile ground, so targeting them is more likely to bring you conversions than shooting at random. Make use of special tools when analyzing such audiences.
Also, pay attention to the “interests” field in the AdsManager. For example, you target people keen on traveling around the south of Europe, and with the Lookalike Audience tool, you can find people with similar interests, for example, travelers in Central Europe.
But don’t stop keeping an eye on your competitors once the audience has been “stolen”. Comparing your website performance to other ones within the niche will help find positive patterns and make informed decisions.
Best Practices for Advertising on Facebook
Promoting blog posts on Facebook is not hard. The market is very responsive, just follow the rules and stay creative.
To achieve your goals and gain profit, make use of dedicated tools, like those that we’ve described. Facebook is a perfect social media platform to reach out to your potential followers.
After all, it’s got a huge number of real people who have already indicated their interests and hobbies or exposed them when starting to follow a particular page. Use it to your advantage!