Advantages of OYO Hotels
While OYO Hotels is a young company in the US market, it has a global presence in over 80 countries and offers access to more than 10,000 hotels and 30,000 homes worldwide. In comparison with other brands, OYO offers the following advantages for clients:
- Basic functional amenities: free Wi-Fi, spotless linen, clean bathrooms, flat-screen TVs, king-size beds, and parking spaces at affordable prices
- Convenient hotel locations
- Easy booking process (only three clicks)
- Free cancellations
- No card or prepayment required for booking
- 24/7 customer support
- Multi-channel bookings available via apps, web, and call center
- OYO Hotels falls under the affordable/budget hotel category
OYO and COVID-19
As a result of the COVID-19 situation in the USA, OYO offered free stays to help coronavirus fighters, such as social health workers. OYO considers safety to be its topmost priority and is taking all the necessary measures to provide guests with safe stays, such as improved hygiene and reduced human contact. For the best user experience, OYO has planned enticing offers for longer stays, such as a 20% discount for stays over 14 nights.
How to earn with OYO Hotels
To help you maximize your earnings with OYO Hotels, we’ve gathered some useful tips as well as detailed information about the OYO target audience, booking behavior, and popular destinations.
Target audience and booking statistics
The OYO Hotels target audience has an equal mix of both genders, largely in the 25- to 44-year-old age group with a median income of about $50,000 per year. These are the most frequent customers at OYO:
- People in between jobs/cities, who are looking for a longer stay
- Couples who need personal space
- Individuals who need solo time within the city away from the monotony of everyday life
- Road trippers
- Truck drivers
The average duration of stays for OYO clients is two nights.
Demand increases from April to October.
The booking window is within two days of the check-in date for 70% of bookings.
The most popular US destinations:
- San Antonio
- Oklahoma City
- Baton Rouge
- Create inspirational content. One of the best ways to earn money with OYO Hotels is to create content that will inspire readers to travel and provide them with enough context about OYO Hotels. Try to analyze your audience’s preferences and create guides for destinations they are likely to be interested in. Then, naturally insert links to offers from OYO Hotels where appropriate.
- Offer solutions. When creating content, think of your audience’s pain points and share tips that will help solve them. For example, if you mainly target budget travelers, write a post on how to find affordable accommodations and experiences in their destination. If your readers prefer long holidays, share offers that have discounts for longer stays, etc.
- Add links to your top posts. If you already have travel guides for US destinations, you can simply add OYO Hotels links to your existing content. Focus particular attention on your top posts, which drive most of your traffic.
- Add calls to action (CTAs). CTAs are words or phrases that encourage users to take a specific action, such as clicking a link, subscribing to a newsletter, etc. When adding links to OYO Hotels in your content, make sure to add appropriate CTAs that will entice readers to click on your links. For example, “Discover affordable accommodations in New York here” or “Click here to book a cheap stay in Atlanta”.
- Use multi-channel promotions. Focus on the channels on which you have the most engagement (be it email marketing, social media, or your blog itself) for promotion. To learn more about the ways to promote affiliate offers on different channels, take a free course from Travelpayouts Academy.