What is a Cheap Airline Affiliate Program?
As the name suggests, with cheap airline affiliate programs, content creators can help their audiences book low-cost flight tickets and earn commissions on the bookings they generate. This includes not only affiliate programs from low-cost airlines, but also flight ticket aggregators that help users compare airfare from various airlines as well as book additional services.
Pros of Cheap Airline Affiliate Programs
- Easy to market, as everybody wants to book tickets as cheaply as possible
- Such programs are often offered by travel deal aggregators, so you can earn not only with flight ticket sales, but also with hotel bookings, car rentals, holiday packages, and more
- A wide choice of airlines and destinations to promote options for all kinds of audiences
Below, we’ll provide you with a detailed look at some of the most popular cheap airline affiliate programs that can help you monetize your travel content.
The WayAway Affiliate Program
WayAway is a flight aggregator that helps travelers find flight tickets and other travel deals at the lowest prices. The platform’s innovative search technology compares airfares from all major airlines in the United States and around the world to find the best deals on the selected travel dates (as well as alternative dates). Users can also set price alerts to learn about special deals and price drops. Additionally, the brand offers the WayAway membership plan, which allows travelers to earn cashback on flights, hotel stays, car rentals, and other bookings made with WayAway Plus.
Try WayAway Plus for free for 7 days. Get cashback on your next trip without the need for a subscription purchase!
Partners of the WayAway affiliate program can earn 50% revenue share with the brand as well as $10 on each sale of the WayAway premium membership. If users install the WayAway app through your partner link, you will earn a reward for their purchases in the app for 180 days. To learn more about the WayAway affiliate programs, watch this video.
Advantages of the WayAway Affiliate Program
- Unique travel product in the market
- 50% revenue share for WayAway flight ticket sales on the website or in the app
- $10 on each sale of the WayAway Plus membership plan
- 30-day cookie lifetime
- Detailed affiliate statistics
- Customizable promo tools for blogs, Instagram accounts, and YouTube vlogs, including links, promo codes, banners, and widgets
- Permitted traffic types include email marketing, social media, apps, messengers, content projects, and more
The WayAway Partner ProgramJoin Now
The Omio Affiliate Program
Omio is an online booking platform for train, bus, and flight tickets for trips in and around Europe. Formerly known as GoEuro, today, Omio is one of the most popular search engines for travel planning with over 800 transportation partners and 27 million monthly users. The platform is available in 12 languages and offers multimodal search for the convenience of users.
Partners of the Omio affiliate program can earn a 6% commission of the booking price. Many traffic types are allowed, from contextual and native advertising to social media traffic to cashback websites, coupon codes, and content projects. Prior approval is required for traffic from messengers, push traffic, travel agencies, and more.
Advantages of the Omio Affiliate Program
- Generous 6% commission on travel bookings
- $54.77 average order price
- 30-day cookie lifetime
- Promo tools include links, banners, and search forms
- Many traffic types are permitted
The CheapOair Affiliate Program
CheapOair is a flight search engine that is popular in the USA and around the world that allows users to also book car rentals, hotels, and vacation packages. With over 15 years of experience in the market, CheapOair is a trustworthy travel planning service offering a wide array of travel deals, various payment methods, low pricing, and great customer support. CheapOair partners with all key travel service providers in the United States and multiple international companies.
Partners of the CheapOair affiliate program can earn up to $25 on sales of flight tickets, car rentals, hotel stays, and vacation packages. The rate depends on the type of service booked. There is also a wide range of promo tools available, from links to banners to widgets. The program is suitable for travel blogs and other types of content projects.
Advantages of the CheapOair Affiliate Program
- Access to over 600 airlines in the US and around the world
- $8 per flight ticket
- Above $300 average order price
- 30-day cookie lifetime
- Permitted traffic types include social media traffic, YouTube vlogs, and content projects
- Promo tools include links, banners, and search form widgets
The Trip.com Affiliate Program
Trip.com is a travel-booking platform that allows users to book flights, hotel stays, and train tickets. The platform offers a fantastic choice of accommodation options with over 1.2 million hotels across 200 countries and more than 2,000,000 flight routes connecting 5,000 cities worldwide. Multiple currencies are accepted for payment, and customers can always contact the 24/7 support service.
Partners of the Trip.com affiliate program can earn up to 5% commission on all sales made through their affiliate link. Many traffic types are allowed, from contextual advertising to email marketing to coupon codes, and more.
Advantages of the Trip.com Affiliate Program
- Huge product coverage
- $202 average order price
- 30-day cookie lifetime
- Permitted traffic types include contextual advertising, email marketing, motivated traffic, cashback websites, YouTube vlogs, coupon codes, display ads, targeted ads, mobile apps, etc.
- Free promo tools include links, banners, and search forms
Kayak Affiliate Program
Kayak is a leading travel brand and popular flight-ticket-booking platform for travels around the world. Users can search for and book flight tickets, hotel stays, cars, and other travel deals. Kayak aims to make it simpler for travelers to explore the world. Established in 2004, the brand has years of expertise and holds a leading position in the travel market. Today, Kayak is part of Booking Holdings, the world’s largest online travel platform.
Partners of the Kayak affiliate program can gain access to all Kayak brands, including HotelsCombined, Momondo, and more. To join the program, marketers need to pass the moderation process. The program offers promo tools, such as links, banners, and widgets. Partners that drive a lot of traffic can gain access to API and customize the product for their project.
Advantages of the Kayak Affiliate Program
- Competitive affiliate commissions (depending on the product)
- A wide range of promo tools, from basic tools (such as links, banners, and widgets) to more advanced options (such as API)
- Access to all brands belonging to Kayak, so partners can earn more
Skyscanner Affiliate Program
Skyscanner is a leading meta search engine for flight tickets, car rentals, and hotel stays. It covers destinations around the world and is available in a variety of languages. Skyscanner allows you to book flight tickets at the lowest rate and provides several useful features, such as searching for cheap flight tickets to all destinations available from the user’s location, as well as price drop alerts and more.
Partners of the Skyscanner affiliate program can earn on purchases in addition to click-outs. Commission rates depend on the revenue generated by the partner. Most affiliates of the Skyscanner partner program earn 20% revenue. To earn with Skyscanner, you need to pay attention to your traffic quality and relevance. Otherwise, your account may get banned and your commissions may be suspended. This affiliate program is perfect for webmasters who drive a lot of traffic. Smaller websites can connect to Skyscanner through Commission Junction or other affiliate networks.
Advantages of the Skyscanner Affiliate Program
- Competitive commission rates (depending on the traffic)
- A lot of promo tools to drive conversions, from basic tools (such as widgets and links) to more advanced solutions (such as White Label and API)
- Payouts are available via PayPal and bank transfer
Travelocity Affiliate Program
Travelocity is an online booking platform for flight tickets, accommodations, vacation packages, cruises, and other travel deals. Founded in 1996 and now part of the Expedia Group, Travelocity shares a wide array of travel products from all around the world. The platform offers a convenient ticket upgrade process, allowing users to book additional services while making their purchases.
Partners of the Travelocity affiliate program can earn competitive commissions on travel services booked through their links. Thus, you can earn $2 for flight tickets, up to 6% for hotel stays, 2% for car rentals, 3% for vacation packages, and $30 for cruises. The program is available via FlexOffers, CJ, and other affiliate networks.
Advantages of the Travelocity Affiliate Program
- Up to $30 affiliate commissions
- Seven-day cookie lifetime
- A wide selection of travel products around the world
Cheap Tickets Affiliate Program
CheapTickets.com is a flight-ticket-booking platform. As a part of the Expedia Group, CheapTickets attracts over 60 million unique monthly visitors and offers flights from over 400 airlines and 260,000 accommodation options. Users can also take advantage of the loyalty program and spend rewards for every flight booking on hotel stays.
Affiliates can join the Cheap Tickets affiliate program on CJ Affiliate and earn $2 per flight ticket booking and up to 5% commission on the price of other travel services.
Advantages of the Cheap Tickets Affiliate Program
- Up to 5% commission (depending on the product sold)
- Seven-day cookie lifetime
- Affiliates can take advantage of promo tools, data feeds, and storefronts
Dollar Flight Affiliate Program
Dollar Flight Club is a membership website that offers low price flight tickets, allowing users to save up to 90% of the regular price.
Affiliates can join the Dollar Flight affiliate program via the Refersion affiliate platform. The program is a great fit for blogs with regularly published travel content. Smaller websites can also participate in the program. Affiliates can earn 50% revenue share on membership sales, which is up to $50 per sale. With lifetime commissions, you can earn on each renewal of a membership made through your affiliate link.
Advantages of the Dollar Flight Affiliate Program
- 50% revenue share with the brand
- Lifelong commissions for all customers referred
- 90-day cookie lifetime
Momondo Affiliate Program
Affiliates of the Momondo affiliate program earn $0.65 (desktop and tablet) and $0.45 (mobile) on each user click-out from the search results page. Oftentimes, Momondo runs campaigns with increased commission rates.
Advantages of the Momondo Affiliate Program
- Earn up to $0.65 per click-out
- A great fit for travel projects with regularly published content, regardless of blog size
- Email traffic is accepted
- Promo tools include banners, text links, deep links, HTML links, and more
- Affiliate statistics available
- Low minimum payout amount of $20
- Payouts are sent twice per month
Promoting flight tickets can be a great way to monetize your travel content, if you join one of the best airline affiliate programs. The global airline industry is projected to experience post-pandemic growth, so partners from around the world can get a chance to grow their earnings in the long term. To choose the right affiliate program, it is important to understand what kind of airlines and destinations your audience may be interested in and provide them with offers accordingly.
Explore all the airline affiliate programs available on Travelpayouts and pick the one that will work best with your audience and content.