Grow Your Email List
The first step to establishing a strong relationship and trust with clients is by building an email list. The following WordPress plugins for affiliate marketers will help collect email addresses of your visitors and convert them to customers.
This WordPress plugin is a tool for lead generation and conversion. It features an intuitive form builder that allows you to create beautiful popups so visitors stay on your website longer. Here is what you get with OptinMonster:
- A wide range of templates: Popups and side-bar forms, exit-intent popups, floating headers and footers, scroll-triggered boxes, etc.
- The opportunity to add video, social icons, images, buttons.
- Compatibility with any email marketing service.
- An opportunity to target visitors depending on their location and behavior on your website.
- A/B tests.
- The MonsterLinks tool for content upgrades.
The plugin is compatible with WordPress version 4.7.0 and higher.
This WordPress affiliate plugin allows you to build a signup form depending on your campaign. Options include a simple form to collect emails, a form incentivizing customers to share the link and refer friends, a form for scarcity-based campaigns with limited available spaces. Here are other features of the plugin:
- A built-in email list.
- A separate list for users who fulfill special conditions (bring referrals, for instance).
- Customize forms.
- Share any link with users.
- Forbid entering multiple emails from one account.
The number of signups depends on the plugin version. To have more than 50 signups, you’ll need to buy a Pro plan. Viral SIgnup is compatible with WordPress 4.3 and higher and has been tested up to 5.3 version.
WPForms is a drag-and-drop form creator with predesigned responsive templates that one can use without any training. It also claims to be the fastest WP contact form builder available on the internet. You can build almost any type of online forms including signup, payment, feedback, donation, survey and more. Moreover, all forms are mobile-responsive and look nice on any devices like desktop or mobile, for example. Here are some more features:
- Integration with MailChimp, AWeber, GetResponse and other programs.
- File uploads feature allowing subscribers attach files.
- Protection from spam.
- Dynamic forms adjusting to the answers users give.
- Full customization and more.
WPForms is compatible with WordPress 4.9 and higher and it has been tested up to version 5.3. It is also possible to purchase a premium plan.
The following WordPress plugins are suitable mainly for e-commerce affiliate programs such as Amazon. They help you build links right in your editor, show a quick product preview, add goods to a wishlist and more.
EasyAzon allows you to build Amazon affiliate links directly in the WP editor. It helps connect your website’s visitors with the product and avoids creating links on Amazon’s website. Here is what you can do with EasyAzon:
- Build text links.
- Place on your website product’s photo and turn it into an affiliate link.
- Create short product descriptions with a buy button.
- Insert a call-to-action.
The Pro version (EasyAzon4) allows you to hide affiliate links, display product popups, prolong the cookies duration, localize links and more. This plugin is available for WP 3.8 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.2.4.
Amazon Product in a Post allows Amazon affiliates to add Amazon products to a web page or post via Amazon product ASIN.
The plugin lets you place any number of custom Amazon Products on your blog. At the same time, it’s possible to add your own content to customize the plugin for your specific needs. To succeed, just pull up a product on Amazon, get the ASIN from the “Product Details” area of the Amazon product and put that number into a shortcode to display the product you’d like to make a commission off of.
The plugin is free but your account should be approved before you get access to the plugin. It is available for WP 4.5 and higher and has been tested up to version 4.9.12.
This is a family of plugins for e-commerce websites. Most YITH WooCommerce plugins are available for WP 4.0 and higher and have been tested with version 5.3. Here are some of the best YITH tools for affiliates:
- Wishlist. Allow clients to add products to a wishlist and share it on social media or via a link.
- Ajax Product Filter. Apply the relevant filters and display the products you are looking for.
- Compare. Display the products you like in one table and compare them to find the best one.
- Zoom Magnifier. Let clients zoom product images.
- Quick View. Open a product preview without leaving the page.
- Order Tracking. Check the shipping details right on your website and get a notification if necessary.
Links are the foundation of any affiliate campaign’s success, so using one of the following tools is a must-do for affiliate marketers. It allows you to shorten your link and make it look attractive, insert it automatically in your content, change the link status and more.
URL Shortener Pro helps shorten links to make them easy to remember and boost social media shares. The plugin is free and requires no coding skills or multi-level settings. It allows you to insert your own textual information into URL and hide the affiliate marker.
Besides, it’s possible to link specific keywords in all your articles to short URLs automatically. You’ll always know how many users clicked on your short link. The rel=”nofollow” option prevents web crawlers from following your links which helps avoid problems on Google.
The plugin is compatible with WP 3.0.1 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.3.
For affiliate marketers who work with Travelpayouts, there is a free and simple alternative: the built-in URL shortener in the Travelpayouts’ account. By using this tool, in just a few clicks, you can create a short affiliate URL with your brand name and ID included (without any technical parameters). Simply open the «Link Generator» tool in the selected program and fill in the required fields. You can find out more about the link shortener in the tool update review.
This plugin is one of the top-rated tools for managing your links. It allows you to control both internal and external links, icons, link status, how a link opens (in a new tab/window), etc. These features are especially important for website optimization. You can also add user-generated content and sponsored values.
External Links is compatible with WP 4.2 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.3.
Auto Affiliate Links will insert the affiliate links into your content automatically once the post has been published. Besides, you can do all of that manually from the plugin menu on your dashboard. It is compatible with many platforms such as Amazon, Clickbank, Shareasale, Ebay and Best Buy. Some other options include:
- Hide links.
- Choose the page for placing links.
- Set nofollow or dofollow status.
- Limit the number of links for each post.
- Get 100 keywords from your content.
The plugin is free and saves you time since you don’t have to stop and link text in posts. It is available for WP 3.5 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.3.
Ads are an important tool for many affiliate marketers. To make the best of your ad campaign, why not use one of the following plugins that help create banners, display them properly and manage promotion.
This is one of the most popular plugins for Google Analytics integration into WP. It features a dashboard that you’ll see right in the editor to easily track your campaign. The plugin filters the data and only shows the most important stats:
- Audience report shows demographics, device types and more metrics about your website visitors.
- Behavior report controls the way people find your blog and interact with it.
- Content report gives insights on which posts get the most attention from your audience.
- E-commerce report analyzes sales metrics such as revenue, conversion, etc.
- Forms report summarizes the conversion rate and helps improve your signup forms.
You can also resort to custom dimensions to access advanced tracking. The plugin is available for WordPress 3.8.0 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.3.
The plugin is available for WordPress 4.6 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.3. AdRotate helps create banner ads and track how many people have clicked on them. The free plugin comes with continual updates and support. You can create the ad from scratch or take it from sources such as Google AdSense, Media.net, Google Ad Manager and many others. Here is what you can do with AdRotate:
- Set the expiration date for each ad.
- Display several banners simultaneously.
- Choose any size for your ad.
- Monitor the ad’s effectiveness with the analytics features.
- Remove non-efficient ads automatically.
The following plugins ensure that your website is friendly for search engines and can rank high enough. They are useful regardless of the website type you run (personal blog, e-commerce, etc.).
SEOPress is a great plugin for increasing your blog’s traffic through search engine optimization. Here are the main features of the tool:
- Increasing traffic.
- Boosting social shares on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Generating custom HTML and XML sitemaps.
- Managing meta tags for every page and post.
- Integrating applications such as WooCommerce, Multilingual Press or WPML, for example.
Yoast SEO focuses on attracting traffic from search engines like Google or Bing and social networks. The plugin comes with many opportunities:
- Checking the keyword number and placement in the content.
- Optimizing content with relevant keywords.
- Providing links to related posts.
- Adding schema.org code.
- Editing snippets.
This plugin helps avoid duplicate content and provides content analysis to reveal whether the keywords you use correspond to your post. In addition, it displays the webpage preview to see how it will look on social media platforms.
Yoast SEO is available for WordPress 5.2 and has been tested up to version 5.3.
Manage Your Affiliate Campaigns
The following WordPress affiliate plugins are all-in-one solutions that you can use to handle various aspects of your affiliate campaign, for instance, check reports, moderate signups, launch promotions and more.
This plugin is designed for webmasters who want to join affiliate marketing and promote products on their WordPress website. Basically, it allows you to manage your affiliate links and track their performance:
- Shorten links and insert them in your content.
- Track clicks.
- Change the link status to nofollow.
- Store the data.
- Delete outdated links automatically.
- Customize the plugin functionality and use only the necessary functions.
This plugin is compatible with WordPress 4.5 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.1.3.
AffiliateWP is a plugin that allows you to fully manage your affiliate program on WordPress. You can establish a referral rate for affiliates, track their performance, distribute commissions and more. One of the distinctive features of this plugin is that it allows you to set different commissions for each product and even tailor it to each affiliate.
AffiliateWP integrates with WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads. The plugin is available for WordPress 3.9 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.3.
This plugin is designed to help webmasters show the cheapest hotels and flights on their websites with the help of various widgets, forms, maps, calendars and tables. It’s perfect for travel agents, bloggers and more, and allows them to generate additional income, while customers will be able to find the best travel deal on their website. Moreover, it is possible to build your own Flights Search White Label.
The plugin is available for WordPress 4.0 and higher and has been tested up to 5.0.7.
Affiliate Manager is a dedicated plugin for merchants to keep track of their affiliates. It covers the whole process of affiliate signup and helps monitor the referrals and distribute commissions accordingly. Here are some of the Affiliates Manager features:
- Real-time reports of your affiliates’ sales and referrals.
- Unlimited affiliates’ number.
- Various payout models.
- Flexible payouts and rates for each affiliate in case you need to increase a reward or change the terms.
- Integration with Paypal.
- Unlimited banners and ads.
The plugin integrates with the most popular software for online sales such as WooCommerce, Simple Shopping Cart, Paid Membership Pro and more. It is available for WordPress 3.5 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.3.
This is another great plugin for running your affiliate program and managing referrals. It suits merchants, stores, distributors and anyone who wants to launch their affiliate program.
You’ll be able to track visits to your website through affiliate links, attribute referrals to partners, send rewards and provide affiliates with real-time stats on their performance on the front end. Here are some of the most important features:
- Dashboard for affiliates with all the information about the program and analytics.
- Built-in tools and links that partners can share and use.
- Automated registration.
- Integration with various apps for e-commerce, lead generation, membership websites and more.
- Built-in commissions.
This plugin is available for WordPress 4.6.0 and higher and has been tested up to version 5.3.
Which WordPress Affiliate Plugin Should I Choose
WordPress affiliate marketing will be a piece of cake once you take advantage of affiliate plugins. There are all-in-one solutions that cover various aspects of promotion as well as dedicated tools for growing email lists, shortening links and so on. In order to select a plugin, think about the campaign aspects that need improvement and try to test a few options to choose the best one.